Venue & Location
Melbourne is an exciting city in southeastern Australia. Melbourne has a rich cultural heritage, stunning architecture, and large arts and music scene. The city has famous places to visit. Some of these are the Royal Botanic Gardens, Federation Square, and the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Melbourne is famous for its food. There is always something new to find in Melbourne!
Travelling from Melbourne Domestic Airport
- Taxi: Follow the signs to the taxi ranks outside the terminal. It will take you about 30 minutes from the airport to Crown. Costs about $80.
- Ride-Sharing Services: You can book a ride with Uber and Ola. You will need to book on their mobile apps. You will see the pick-up zones at the airport.
- SkyBus: SkyBus is a shuttle service between Melbourne Airport and the city centre. It departs every 10-15 minutes during peak times. The bus will drop you off at the on the corner of Clarendon Street and Whiteman Street. It is a 5 minute walk to Crown. Buy tickets on-line for $22. https://www.skybus.com.au/melbourne-city-express/timetable/
- Public Transport: From the airport, take the 901 bus towards Frankston and get off at the Broadmeadows Railway Station. From there, take a train towards Flinders Street Station, and then either walk or take a tram to the hotel. Tram routes 96, 109, and 12 all stop near Crown promenade. You can find out about cheap tickets using MYKI. https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/journey. email@example.com.
Remember to check the latest schedules and fares for public transport and shuttle services, as they may be subject to change.
Getting around Melbourne
There is a Visitors centre at Federation square. Volunteers in a “red coat” with a badge can help you if you are lost. If the weather is good walking around the city and Southbank is fun.
Here are the options available:
- Tram: From Southbank, you can catch several tram routes that go through the city centre. Look for City Circle Tram (route 35) and the Free Tram Zone trams (routes 86, 96, and 35). The trams in the city centre are free.
- Train: You can walk to Flinders Street Station. It takes 15 minutes From there, you can catch trains to various destinations within Melbourne or to outer suburbs.
- Bus: There are several bus routes that serve the area. You can check the local bus timetables and routes to find the most convenient option for your destination.
- E-scooter. You can hire these to get about. https://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/parking-and-transport/Pages/e-scooters.aspx
Remember to check public transport schedules and any disruptions or changes that may occur. Additionally, consider using public transport apps or websites for real-time information on routes, timetables, and any service updates.
Crown Promenade, Melbourne
The Crown Promenade Melbourne is within the Crown Entertainment Complex. The hotel provides easy access to the ASID conference and the Southbank promenade.
Street address: 8 Whiteman Street, Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia